Important camp information
Summer Camps 2021
We can’t wait to welcome your children to University Park for a fun filled summer of sport.
We understand that you may have some questions, and this section of the website is designed to provide you with all the information you need ahead of your child attending the camp. We hope it reassures you that we have every possible measure in place to ensure that all children are safe and enjoying themselves at all times.
Children should bring the following:
- Water bottle, clearly labelled with your full name
- A backpack/bag to store any belongings – please ensure this is clearly labelled
- Wet Weather clothes – please bring rain jackets with you as sessions will not be indoors, so if it rains – it will be wet!
- A packed lunch and plenty of snacks – having fun is tiring so we need to keep energy levels high
- Hand sanitiser or hand wipes – sanitiser will be available at the Sports Centre, but we also recommend bringing your own if possible
- Sun cream and sun hat/cap for when the weather is nice
- Comfy clothes and trainers – sessions will be outdoors as much as possible so please bring extra layers and waterproof clothing
- Boots (moulded or studs) or trainers – we will be training on rubbercrumb and grass pitches so please make sure comfy boots or trainers are worn
- Appropriate rugby clothing – the sessions will be taking place outdoors so please ensure your child has appropriate clothing
- Gumshield – as per current guidelines all aspects of the camp will be non-contact so gumshields are not required
- Waterproofs and change of clothes – the weather next week looks favourable but please ensure your child is equipped with adequate clothes for the conditions – a change of clothes is recommended if the weather is really bad
- Parents must ensure their child wash their hands prior to attending the sports facilities
- Parents should take their child to the designated area outside the Saints Sport reception to drop off children before their session
- There will be no physical signing in of children and a member of the Saints Sport team will ask the names of your children and your initials as way of a signature
- Children MUST be signed in by a parent/guardian
- Your child will be welcomed by a Saints Sport coach and taken to their activity area
- Please ensure you and your child follow the latest Scottish Government guidance on physical distancing when arriving and signing in
- Children will be ready to be collected at the end of the session and parents should report to the same area they dropped their children off, unless advised otherwise
- Children MUST be signed out
- Before being collected all children will have washed their hands using hand sanitiser provided by their coach
- Please ensure your child has all their belongings
- Please ensure you and your child follow the latest Scottish Government physical distancing guidance when departing
- If you are going to be late to collect your child please let us know as soon as possible by calling the Saints Sport reception team.
Phone: 01334 462190
- There will be regular breaks throughout each session
- Equipment kept to a minimum
- Any equipment used will be sanitised before and after use
- All children will wash hands before and after each activity session
- All coaches will wash hands before and after each activity session
- All activities will follow Scottish Government and governing body guidance relating to group activity
- Children will maintain 2m physical distancing from coaches during all activities and breaks
- Children will be taken to the toilet area by their coach and must sanitise their hands before entering the toilet and again when they leave
- Access will be limited to one in, one out
- Saints Sport staff will still provide first aid effectively whilst following NHS Scotland’s COVID-19 guidelines to mitigate the risk from COVID-19
We all have a role to play in the safe and smooth running of the camp. The Saints Sport team has been working hard to prepare the facilities and ensure all relevant risk assessments and procedures are in place. Our coaches are also busy planning lots of exciting activities to keep your children entertained.
We also need your help, and the following information outlines the roles that parents, and children have to play.
We kindly ask parents and carers to help us by following the guidance below and explaining the roles and responsibilities to your children.
Before the session
- Reassure your child that Saints Sport have taken every step possible to keep them safe and remind them that they must always stay 2m away from coaches
- If you or anyone from your household is shielding you must stay away before, during and after the camp
- If your child has any symptoms of Covid-19 they should not be brought to the camp
- Please follow the guidelines when dropping off your child
- Please ensure your child have brought everything they need for the day’s activity – please refer to the ‘what to bring’ guidance
After the session
- Inform a member of staff if your child shows any symptoms of Covid-19
- Please follow the guidelines when collecting your child
Before the session
- If you are feeling unwell, please let someone at home know
- Before you leave to come to the camp, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Make sure your shoelaces are tied
- When you arrive, you will be shown where to sanitise your hands
During the session
- Have lots of fun!
- Listen to your coaches
- Do not touch equipment that is not yours
- If you need to use the toilet, you must let a coach know – they will take you
- Stay 2m away from your coaches
- Remember to have lots of fun!
After the session
- Please stay with your coach and follow their instructions to leave the session safely
- Wash your hands with the hand sanitiser provided before leaving
- Ensure you take all your belongings
- Listen to your parent / carers instructions to ensure you leave safely